Annual THA Newsletter
Dear Fellow Hunters:
Our 2010 big game hunting season ended on November 30 and what a year it was!
We dominated the APOS hunting awards this year by receiving the most awards compared to any other Outfitter in the province (some 450 Outfitters). For the 2010 hunting season we won the following four APOS Awards:
Largest Mule Deer
Largest Mule Deer
Without a doubt THA has the best hunting areas in the province!
Brock Lesnar, 1x Heavyweight UFC Champion, hunted with us along with Gordy Krahn, editor of North American Hunter Magazine, Brian Kelvington from Federal Ammunition and two NAHC camera men. Brock harvested a mature mule deer along with a monster whitetail in a fully filmed hunt which will be the NAHC feature hunt for their 2011 TV season. There will be two TV programs featuring Brock’s hunt which will start off the NAHC TV season beginning in May. Michael Cooley, CEO and President of the Sportman Channel returned for his third hunt with THA, this time with his bow, and harvested both an 6x6 Elk and another excellent Mule Deer. Mike indicated that he obtained enough video footage for two full episodes which will be airing next summer.
We have added most of our 2010 hunters into our MyHunts.ca website. We designed this site for the professional hunting community. Hunters are able to publish their personal hunting photos online to share with family and friends. By becoming a member you may create your own profile and organize your photos into different albums (i.e. 2009 Hunt Photos, 2010 Hunt Photos, etc.). Community members are able to post comments on the site and rate each photo.
We continue to improve our Trophy Hunters Alberta website with a number of special features designed to provide our hunters with all the information they need to book a big game hunt in Alberta. It's our goal to be able to answer every question prior to a hunter's arrival to ensure that there are no unexpected surprises during the hunt. In order to achieve this, we have designed additional features to our website that are unavailable on any other single website. We want to be the destination for hunters interested in coming to Alberta to hunt big game whether or not they choose THA. Some of these new features include:
- Interactive Google Mapping with the WMU boundaries. Visitors are able to view satellite and topographical imagery for each zone we hunt in. This allows our hunters to examine and understand the terrain prior to their arrival.
- Interactive Brochure with Magnifying Glass. This allows visitors to view each page in a 'Zoomed' in view to review every inch of our successful harvests.
- Extensive Photo Gallery with Shadow Box viewing system. This system allows visitors to navigate and view images based on the size of their own personal computer screen. Each photo is also printable along with our contact details.
- Video Gallery with a dedicated viewing feature to jump between multiple chapters within a single episode. Each video is available in high or low quality to optimize for a variety of different internet bandwidths.
- Each hunt now describes, and provides a link to, the specific hunting area. This allows hunters to clearly understand the options of our different hunt offerings.
- Current Specials - allows us to communicate available promotions in a timely manner
- THA eShop is an online hunting store where you may purchase your favorite hunting books, DVDs, games, gear and equipment.
With the combination of both the Trophy Hunters Alberta and MyHunts.ca websites, we want to ensure that you have as much information possible.
If you have suggestions for our new websites, please let us know.
If you are looking at hunting in beautiful Alberta, in the zones from the Rocky Mountains to the wonderful prairies, please check out our hunt offerings and give us a call.
You may reach us toll free @ 877-HUNT-YES or direct @ (403) 541-1004.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Big Game Outfitter
Trophy Hunters Alberta Inc.
We still have excellent openings for this fall.
We are now booking hunts for this fall and future seasons at current pricing.
Prices for our hunts are very competitive, and are shown on this Website.
For availability, dates, prices and booking information, please click Bookings.